LOST SOUL BOOK COVER CONTEST
Greetings & Salutations Family, Friends, & Honored Guests. Last night on Cypher Lounge Radio we had the honor of having Author, Dr. Marsan Q. Champion as our live-in-studio guest. We had an overwhelming response from our listeners after we discussed his amazing soon-to-be released book “Lost Soul.”
We are proud to announce that Cypher Lounge Radio along with Dr. Champion is launching a contest for any up and coming artist, illustrator, graphic designer, etc that is looking to break into the industry.
- Your Artwork & Your Name distributed around the world as the official book cover for “Lost Soul”
- Interview on Cypher Lounge Radio
- Free 24 Pack of Roaring Lion Energy Drink
- Design a book cover for “Lost Soul” based on the synopsis of the book provided by Dr. Champion. (posted below)
- Once you are done with your sketch, drawing, or whatever simply email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission date of April 21, 2010. We will take submissions up until 11:59pm 4/21/2010.
- As the submissions come in, we will post them on our blog site and allow Cypher Lounge listeners and anyone else to comment and give us feedback on the art work.
- We will pick the top 3 book covers
- Dr. Marsan Champion will choose from the top 3.
- The winner will be announced on April 28, 2010 live on Cypher Lounge Radio.
- GOOD LUCK!!!
Lost Soul: The Perilous Pedagogy of Tajalik Stokes
Tajalik Stokes (Taj-a-leak) is a 14 year-old middle school student who is growing up on Chicago’s north side. He is travelling a path of destruction as he is running with the Vice Lord street gang. After many suspensions from school Tajalik, is now facing expulsion and a transfer to an alternative school. Tajalik has been labeled as a special education student because of his diagnosed learning disabilities (EMH-Educable Mentally Handicap and EH-Emotionally Handicap). Through his frustrations of not being able to fit in with the regular school population, Tajalik has developed a character of defiance and disobedience. His mother, Yolanda Stokes, is doing everything she can as a single mother to get through to her son but is losing patience as he continues with his sinful nature.